Advanced Theoretical Equine Dental Technicians Course - Full Online Package
11 Sep 2020 08:30 - 17:15
Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the decision to move the Advanced Theoretical Equine Dental Technicians course online. If you have any questions please contact us.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at veterinarians and the more experienced EDT who wishes to sit the BEVA/BVDA EDT examination in the future.
About the Course
The Advanced Theoretical Equine Dental Technicians course is moving online for the first time this year. The course will provide you the necessary knowledge to help ensure you are ready to sit the BEVA/BVDA exam.
Split into two parts, our online pre-recorded lecture package will give you access to nine on-demand lecture presentations that you will be able to watch in your own time and cover the theory needed for the theory section of the exam. You will then join a live online lecture and discussion day on Friday 11 September 2020, where our course speakers will provide lectures on key topics as well as provide a discussion on common reasons for previous exam failures.
You will also be provided with comprehensive electronic course notes for the live lectures that are considered essential reading to prepare you to sit the exam.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the depth of knowledge required to pass the BEVA/BVDA exam
- Understand equine dental anatomy in the context of the whole horse
- Understand the basics of equine digestive physiology and nutrition in relation to equine dental care
- Understand the basic health care needs and common diseases of the horse
- Understand the beneficial and pathogenic roles of microbes and their control.
- Understand equine dental diagnostic techniques
- Understand the appropriate equine dental procedures to be undertaken by an equine dental technician
- Understand evidence based medicine and its application to equine dental care
- Understand the UK legislation that applies to equine dental procedures
- Understand how to work as part of the veterinary care team in the provision of equine dental care
- Understand the common reasons for failing the BEVA/BVDA exam
Relevant course content. Good insight given as to what is expected of candidates taking the EDT exam.
- 2019 Delegate
- Rob Pascoe BVSc BAEDT DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS, Kent
- Mark Grant MA VetMB BSc PhD CertAVP(ED) BAEDT MRCVS, Suffolk
- Rob Pascoe BVSc DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry (Equine), Kent
- Jess Hughes BSc BAEDT, Wales
We are also offering the opportunity for veterinarians looking to sit the exam the opportunity to book the Online Discussion Day only. Please note this option will not give you access to the pre-recorded lectures that this option gives you. For more information about booking the Online Discussion Day only please visit the event page here.
Kindly sponsored by
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- If you book a place on a 2020 BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue (e.g. as a result of showing symptoms or track and trace restrictions) you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD up until the 31 December 2021. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If you need to cancel your place for a non-Covid-19 related reason our standard terms and conditions will apply.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid until 31 December 2021).
Standard Terms and Conditions
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member he/she will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.