ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION IS MORE THAN JUST INSEMINATING
The successful reproductive care of your mare involves disease control, ultrasound scanning, the detection and treatment of any problems and pregnancy diagnosis. Only a qualified Veterinarian can provide this full service.
The BEVA Approved AI list features Veterinary Practices who have met BEVA’s high standards. We recommend using a practice from the BEVA Approved AI list to maximise your mare’s chances of delivering a healthy foal.
VIEW BEVA APPROVED PRACTICES
- You should not breed indiscriminately.
- Both the mare and stallion should be proven in their field and have good conformation and temperaments.
- Ideally, breed from registered stock.
- Consider carefully what you will do with the horses you breed.
- Bear in mind that it will cost a minimum of £1,000 per year to raise a young horse. Seek advice from your veterinary surgeon and well-established breeders before you embark on breeding a foal.